- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups chicken broth (preferably unsalted)
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3/4 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 1/2 cup celery (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups pearl onion (chopped)
- 1 tsp fresh tarragon
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Cut each chicken breast into 1 inch pieces. Using a nonstick frying pan, cook chicken, celery, onion, tarragon, and one cup of the chicken broth on medium heat for about 10 minutes, or until all ingredients are tender. While chicken and vegetables cool, use a separate baking dish to combine wine, 1 cup chicken broth and both kinds of rice. Let these ingredients soak for about 30 minutes.
Place the chicken and vegetables over the rice and wine mixture.
Cover the baking dish with tinfoil and bake for 60 minutes. Check the dish every 15 to 20 minutes to make sure rice is not getting too dry. If needed, add more chicken broth to soften the rice.
See More Dash Diet Recipes
Soup & Salads
|Main Meal Dishes||Sided & Desserts|